Friday, August 24, 2012

Chapter One: Me

This isn't actually me...yet. But, in just a few short months it will be. I'm expecting my first baby with my husband of 10 years. For all these years we didn't think we'd have any kids other than our pets. Things change, and so did our minds.
As if that wasn't a big enough leap, I've also recently started a new job and enrolled in school. Life's a little chaotic right now. 
If I can still find the time, which is getting ever more rare, I enjoy books. Reading them. Attempting to write them. Snuggling them. Organizing them on all my pretty bookshelves. You get the idea.
Before all the chaos began, my husband and I liked to go on hikes every chance we got. I really appreciate the scenery around these Blue Ridge Mountains, and always have my camera(s) handy. This tends to be a source of much frustration if the person you are with really wants to power through the hike. I like to take my time...and lots of photos.
I'm looking forward to seeing what this blog brings out of me. I hope you are, too.
 
When looking through the "Top 100 Blogs", I quickly notice two majorities: sites offering regular news topics, and sensationalist "news" sites full of all the latest and greatest gossip. All of the sites I reviewed appeared to maintain informational, and occasionally comical, tones. Images, and sometimes videos, are plotted throughout to pique and maintain the reader's interest. After all, a blog can't always be just a big block of words.
Being that I'm not much of a news person, regular or gossipy - well, gossipy only if I'm extremely bored with nothing else better to do - it was difficult for me to find a blog in the top 100 that really grabbed me. I finally found something that seemed interesting. Maybe it was the words "bugs" and "urine" that actually caught my attention. Plus, science is pretty cool and sometimes disgusting. Check it out for yourself.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the tone in which you write. :) Welcome.

    I've been known to snuggle books to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tone of your blog, you are definitely a nature at this form of expression.Congratulations, and I look forward to your blog post in the future.

    ReplyDelete